Visit us at ThePortal.io!
The Portal’s mission is to develop students into successful entrepreneurs through experiential learning and real world practice. Our exclusive, paid resident program offers members year-round opportunities to work with real companies, build valuable business and technical skills, and interact with teams of like-minded individuals in a casual start-up environment. Graduates of the program will be introduced to exciting job opportunities at start-ups and established companies, as well as business mentorship if the graduate desires to start their own company.
The Portal is a non-profit initiative founded by the Beall Family Foundation and K5 Ventures.
View our currently open Resident Programs applications below.
- Work with real companies to build MVPs and improve upon existing products
- Must be a student during the current academic year
- Paid year-round residency after one quarter of unpaid training to learn new skills
- Time commitment requirement: 8-10 hours per week for training; 15-20 hours per week for client work
- Mentorship with professional developers and entrepreneurs
- Bring your own laptop & charger; additional workstation equipment is provided
- Guaranteed introductions to job opportunities upon graduating university while working at The Portal
- Please go through the following Codecademy courses in order:
- HTML & CSS:https://www.codecademy.com/learn/web
- Making a Website:https://www.codecademy.com/learn/make-a-website
- Making an Interactive Website:https://www.codecademy.com/skills/make-an-interactive-website
- Once all of the requirements have been completed, send your Codecademy profile link to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: April 12, 2017